Welcome to my first year of hosting a Halloween Writing Challenge. Simply pick a prompt from below and create your post. Once that is done, link back to this post from within your own to create a ping-back or enter a comment below with a link to your entry. You can enter as many times for as many prompts as you like, there is no limit. I do ask that you please keep the content PG for our family viewers. Complete them all and win a bit more praise from me and your readers! Well, at least from me anyway.
I will be posting a weekly roundup post, planning on Sundays right now, highlighting any entries from the week so don’t be shy.
Without further ado, here are the prompts for Monstrous Halloween 2019!
- One Word Prompt: Pumpkin
- A witch has turned you into a cat, how’s that working out?
- The headless horseman chases you right smack into a corn maze…can you escape?
- You’re at a ‘costume’ party when you realize, none of the other creatures attending are costumed. What happens?
- One Word Prompt: Spider
- A ghost moves in with you. Describe its antics and how you meet.
- You are abducted by aliens. What are the aliens like?
- As a slayer of monsters, describe your toughest battle.
- The phone rings at midnight, who’s calling?
- All the doors leaving your house open to another dimension, where do you end up?
- You hear a tree crying about his/her thinning mane, how do you console them?
- One Word Prompt: Cauldron
- A bell tolls thirteen times, then…
- You open your closet to find an actual skeleton, how did it get there?
- Your favorite child’s toy comes to life
- Tell a scary story about a summer camp
- A woman in the mirror screams when you look in
- One Word Prompt: Vampire
- Bigfoot moves in next door, what kind of neighbor is he?
- The Grim Reaper makes a deal with you…explain the terms?
- You find yourself lost in a haunted forest, how spooky is it?
- You find a creature living under your stairs
- The full moon rises blood red, what is it a sign of?
- One Word Prompt: Demon
- A thick fog settles into your town for a week, people start to disappear, what’s going on?
- A dragon arrives and burns down….
- You have a recurring nightmare, what’s it about?
- Just as you are walking by a graveyard, the ground erupts and this emerges…
- The zombie apocalypse has arrived – you’re still alive, who’s with you?
- One Word Prompt: Witch
- Happy Halloween! Use these three words in your entry: Trick, Treat, Candy
Special thanks to cocoparisienne @ pixabay for the spooky house and moon image!
29 thoughts on “Monstrous Halloween: Fun and Spooky Prompts for 2019”
Don’t miss this fun entry: https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/30/the-witches-three-poem-monstrous-halloween/
Check out these creatures under the stairs: https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/24/do-any-of-these-live-under-your-stairs-monstrous-halloween/
We all need neighbors like bigfoot: https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/21/like-a-good-neighbor-bigfoot-is-here-a-neighborly-poem/
Enter stage left: the woman in the mirror: https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/17/woman-in-the-mirror-a-limerick-today/
Summer camp, when something wants you gone! https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/16/summer-camp-of-horror-a-haunting-tale-monstrous-halloween/
What’s hiding in your closet? https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/16/skeleton-in-the-closet-a-limerick/
The 13th bell toll:https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/14/crazy-hour-comes-a-rhyming-revelation-monstrous-halloween/
Mistaken identity: https://mindescapes.net/2019/10/07/like-a-past-partner-a-rhyme/